Student Exchange Program: A Innovative Africa: Educational Networking Programs for Human Resource Development in Africa’s SDGs
Summary of Inter-University Exchange Projects
The purpose of the projects is to provide interdisciplinary curricula and create an academic and social platform where Japanese and African students can acquire training and come up with social innovations via fieldwork in Africa and internships in Japan and Africa.
Summary of the Exchange program
- Joint conferences for students and junior faculty in collaboration with the partners in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Short-term internship programs primarily for bachelor’s and master’s degree students
- Bilateral short-term programs for students
- Bilateral long-term exchange programs for students
- Joint supervision programs for doctoral students
Global human resource on the project
As a part of the SDGs, in order to achieve high quality growth that is inclusive of people and overcomes crises and disasters, this program aims to foster “trans-disciplinary” human resources who are familiar with the uniqueness and local knowledge of African communities and can drive the realization of technological and social innovation, thereby transcending the boundaries between humanities and sciences, and between researchers and practitioners.
Feature of the project
Kyoto University and Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, which have an excellent track record for education and research in Africa, will implement an international education program in cooperation with 14 partner universities in Africa, with particular focus on three of the 14 partner universities.
Partner Universities in Africa
- Ethiopia Addis Ababa University
- Egypt Cairo University
- Uganda Makerere University
- Tanzania Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Democratic Republic of Congo University of Kinshasa
- Ghana University of Ghana
- Madagascar University of Antananarivo
- Zambia University of Zambia
- Botswana University of Botswana
- Cameroon University of Yaoundé I
- Kenya Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- South Africa University of Pretoria (Partnered with TUFS）
- South Africa Stellenbosch University （Partnered with TUFS）
- Rwanda Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Science（Partnered with TUFS）